about the center
The Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Center for Giftedness & Creativity is an affiliated center of Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Distinguished Academic Performance. The center has been established in implementation of the directives of His Highness, the patron of the Award, on the need to devote attention to the talented and gifted categories and provide all the necessary care and cultivation requirements, as an extension of the efforts of the Award on sponsoring talents since 2001; where it was the seed to foster the UAE talented people. Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Center for Giftedness & Creativity is the umbrella beneath which all programs, activities and services of talents’ cultivation are included.
The Centre's Objectives:
- Meeting the educational, learning, psychological and social needs for gifted and talented students in order to achieve a completed development of their personalities so as to be productive members of society who are contributing to it in accordance with their talents.
- Increasing the learning opportunities for talented students outside the classrooms.
- Providing specialized program that aims at boosting special potentials and attainments for students and supporting their interests.
- Providing an attractive learning environment for talented students.
- Disseminating the culture of talent and creativity in the society.
- The 4th to 12th grade UAE-National students who pass the talents identification tests.
- The parents of students affiliated to the Centre and their teachers.
- Discovering and identifying talented students.
- Providing specialized scientific programs and enrichment activities.
- Developing personal and leadership skills.
- Providing individual and collective Guidance and Counseling sessions.
- Providing specialized programs for parents of talented students and their teachers.
- Educating and raising awareness of community in terms of the field of talent and giftedness.
Activities & Events:
- Seasonal programs which coincide with (winter / spring / summer) school holidays.
- Weekend programs.
- Scientific competitions (School Olympics).
- Training workshops and counseling services for parents of talented students and their teachers.
- Filling in the award’s Registration Form on the website of the award by the parent, the teacher or the student.
- Sorting the forms and its attachments by the Award’s identification team on a regular basis.
- Contacting the parent of the student candidate to enter the award’s approved tests.
- Applying the tests on the student and conducting a personal interview.
- To be a UAE-national student (male/ female).
- The student should be within one of school grades from 4th till 12th grade.
- To have a remarkable genius or an outstanding talent in one of the following areas: (Science – Mathematics – Technology – Languages – Leadership).
- To pass the adopted measures and personal interview assigned for the award.