DISTINGUISHED STUDENT (6-12)
Every student who is willing to participate (from grade 6 to grade 12) who is enrolled in accredited schools in the State by official bodies and authorities in:
- Public education (Government), including public schools, applied technology institutes, technical/ vocational institutes and religious institutes.
- Private education, including private schools and family owned schools.
- Adult education centers. (Within the U.A.E. Only)
- Rehabilitation centers under the supervision of official government authorities. (Within the U.A.E. Only)
- The nominated student/learner shall still be ongoing study during the current academic year.
- The Student has to be an academic achiever. His/her total score for each year separately (not the average) shall not be less than 90%, for the past 3 years apart from the nomination year.
Students are to enclose their school certificates, and if they are descriptive grading formula, they are to attach proof of translating these descriptive grading formulas into grades from school, bearing the school stamp
- Students are entitled to be nominated for the Award, Distinguished Student Category (6-12) from Grade 6 till Grade 12. UAE specific
- Enclose an electronic photo on a flash memory, high resolution with white background, not scanned, in JPG format
- Enclose 3 recommendation letters from the principal, teacher and social worker of the student, as well as two letters from the Center Supervisor and teacher for students in adult education centers, to be stamped by the school/education center
Recommendation letters are mandatory for acceptance of the nomination application
- Passage of two sessions from the student's being awarded Distinguished Student apart from the nomination year (e.g. the winner of the 17th edition is entitled to apply in the 20th edition). (only in the UAE).
- Total number of attachments shall not exceed 100 pages, whether paper or electronic. Do not attach more than two attachments to a single page. If the attachments are not clear the score will not be considered.
Conditions specific to student from GCC, in addition to the previous conditions:
- High school students (10th, 11th and 12th grades) are entitled to participate annually in the Award, but those who won are not entitled to participate again.
- Being a citizen of GCC.
How to apply
- Fill in the nomination application on the official website of the Award
- Print nomination application
- Submit nomination application to the Award Coordinator in the educational zone.